The Top 10 Website Features for Selling Real Estate
For many customers, your website is the first interaction with your brand or service. It’s important to make sure you have the key features clients are looking for in order to increase engagement and repeat web traffic.
From video, virtual tours, expanded data and more, there are many ways to improve your client’s online experience. We’ve pulled together a great resource highlighting the best website features every real estate agent should know about. In addition, our pro-tips will help you further streamline your features to make sure you’re providing the best experience for your customers.
Take a look at a few of our ideas to help guide you on the way to developing the best agent website on the web:
With the current generation of YouTube viewers now entering the buying market, a great way to engage is through the use of video. An overwhelming number of millennials now use a streaming video platform. With the proliferation of online video and ease of incorporating into your website, they are no longer a nice to have but a must! Videos are consistently better at engaging buyers as well as a more efficient way to highlight the features and benefits of each property. Additionally, posting to your personal YouTube channel can increase SEO value helping customers find your site easier!
– Make sure to incorporate video tours of your listings across your site
– Produce informative “how-to” videos for the entire home buying process to connect with first-time buyers.
– Record customer testimonials to build instant credibility. This is great homepage material
Open House Information:
Connecting with customers during the early stages of their home buying process is important and open house listings are a great way to do so. Make sure open house information is front and center on each one of your property listing pages. A large percentage of consumers using property search on your website are six to nine months out from purchase. Promoting open houses create a great way to draw potential customers in allowing you to establish an early connection.
– Create a specific page on your site that updates dynamically with new open houses.
Agent Contact Info
Think of your website as your online business card. Contact information should be placed in the header and footer on each page. Having this information easily accessibly allows prospective clients to easily reach out to you to start your relationship.
– Just having a contact page is not enough – make your contact information readily available on every webpage of your site!
Recently Sold Property Info
Customers want to make sure they’re making an informed decision before signing on the dotted line. Sold property information can help you provide your customers with the information they need to feel comfortable in their purchase. Your sellers can also benefit from this information as well, knowing how competitively they should price their properties before entering the market.
– Create quarterly emails to clients highlighting sold searches to keep them informed as well as keeping yourself at the top of mind.
– Work with an IDX provider who receives information directly from the MSL versus public records data. This data will be much more accurate and timely.
Want to know the top five website must-haves? Download the entire Top 10 Website Features for Selling Real Estate guide.